Inquiries about admission to the Philip J. Rock Center and School can be directed to Charlene Bolden, Interim Chief Executive Officer at:
Philip J. Rock Center & School
818 DuPage Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, Illinois 60137
(630) 790-2474 or (800) 771-1158 (Voice)
(630) 790-4893 (fax)
The following are the Philip J. Rock Center & School Residential Placement Procedures:
1. When inquiry for placement is received, the student's eligibility is confirmed by Service Center/Project Reach (Referral Form A).
2. Parents/Guardians will visit PRC residential program by scheduling an appointment with Charlene Bolden, Interim Chief Executive Officer (630-790-2474).
3. Once the family decides to continue the PRC residential school process the "Application for Consideration for Placement Form" is completed, and includes:
- Background and health history
- Report of most recent ophthalmological (within the last year)
- Report of most recent audiological (within the last year)
- Medical records
- Current IEP
- Immunization Records
5. Observation of the child will be conducted by at least one representative of the Center or School. Observation should occur as soon as possible after diagnostic information is complete.
6. The Interim Chief Executive Officer will review file with educational staff.
7. The nursing/medical department reviews file to determine any medical contraindications to placement.
8. Multidisciplinary staffing scheduled to determine placement.
The Philip J. Rock Center is located on the Northeast corner of Roosevelt Road (Route 38) and Route 53 in Glen Ellyn. From Roosevelt Road, turn North on Baker Hill Drive and turn left at the Philip J. Rock Center & School private drive.